Information & Referral Associate – Full Time Temporary
Information & Referral Associate: provides front desk reception and operational support to the Pride Center programs and the day to day duties of the I&R program needs.
- Responsible for the management of the Pride Center front desk operations; including maintaining a clean and orderly presentation of the reception area.
- Welcome all guest to the Pride Center in a friendly and professional manner; determine nature of business, then direct guest to appropriate sign in logs and program/staff location or announce to staff that their appointment has arrived
- Maintain program login sheets and ensure that contact information is legible
- Enter guest contact information into the Constant Contact database
- Answers all incoming phone calls in a professional and friendly manner; determine purpose of caller and forward calls to appropriate staff or department
- Take messages from callers or walk-ins in a clear and precise manner and give a copy to the appropriate staff person
- Answers questions about the Pride Center and provide caller or walk-in program and activities of the center, calendar and services
- Create I&R form for every guest you give information and/or referrals
- Log all phone calls, walk-in on I&R from
- Provide information and referral services with urgency and attention, and complete/process relevant paperwork accurately and confidently
- Retrieve daily all phone messages, forward to the appropriate staff, maintain a log of all phone messages
- Maintain all agency I&R forms, prepare each for the appropriate program manager
- Provide I&R follow-up as assisgned
- Creates and maintains agency calendar
- Maintain agency Room Calendar
- Create a daily list of activities for everyday and post at the front desk
- Prepare program sign-in sheets programs of the day
- Maintain agency bulletin boards with current and appropriate information
- Process incoming mail; stamp date received, give to Office Manager for distribution
- Handle UPS and FedEx deliveries; sign for, direct packages to appropriate staff person
- Provide clerical support to Center staff that has been cleared by the Office Manager
- Supervise Cyber Center; maintain use log and tabulate data monthly
- Supervise Library; maintain use log as well as records for books borrowed and returned
- Assist in closing the Center each night (close window, turn out lights and equipment, set thermostat, check every room and close the door, set alarm, make sure elevator is locked and stairwell door is locked)
- Expedite mail between Pride Center and CHASI every Tuesday and Friday at 1 pm and act as courier when needed between sites.
- Other related tasks as assigned
Qualifications: Position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Friendly and professional approach to all. Experienced in providing HIV prevention education and outreach interventions to lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender community. Knowledge of HIV, STI and substance use treatment programs preferred. Computer literacy required in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus. Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Outgoing and comfortable with people and have a passion for mission of the Pride Center. Bachelor’s Degree or 3 to 5 years’ administrative experience required.
This is a full time, non-exempt position, funded by NYS DOH AI HHS
Work place is the Pride Center of Staten Island, 25 Victory Blvd. 3rd floor, hours Tuesday through Friday 1 to 9 pm, Saturdays 11 to 7 except 2nd Saturday it is 1 to 9 pm. Work schedule may change depending on the needs of the center. Reports to the Office Manager.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Pride Center of Staten Island