Education and Outreach Coordinator – Part-Time
Education and Outreach Coordinator: Plans, develops, and facilitates LGBTQ Cultural Awareness Trainings to service providers and organizations across Staten Island. Develops and maintains individual and networking relationships with local schools, community groups, and individuals. Represents the Pride Center of Staten Island at community events.
1. Develop Cultural Awareness trainings and workshops adaptable to various audiences with special attention to local health and service providers.
2. Facilitate at least 100 LGBTQ Cultural Awareness presentations per year.
3. Outreach to local business and service providers and provide information about the Pride Center to help connect them to the programs and services of the Center.
4. Coordinate with each training site, tailoring the trainings or workshops to meet their needs.
5. Maintain records, prepare program and relationship reports that are required by funders and by the Center.
6. Assist with ongoing development of a community outreach plan. Provide community outreach through making connections with and presenting at various community-based organizations and schools, tabling events and other opportunities that will increase the visibility of and participation in the Pride Center of Staten Island programs.
7. Attend weekly supervision and monthly staff meetigns as assigned.
8. Assist with other Center programs as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required. Undergraduate degree or some college experience preferred. Experience working with transgender individuals, clients with a history of substance use and/or mental health issues, persons living with/affected by HIV/AIDS and/or diverse groups of people highly preferred. Candidate must demonstrate ability and/or commitment to working effectively with clients from diverse backgrounds and/or ethnic, cultural, and sexual minorities with a welcoming, affirming, and harm-reduction approach. Candidate MUST have attention to detail, self-motivation, strong boundaries, and ability to work independently and as part of a team. Candidate must have excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills as well as good communication and computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office. Familiarity with and proficiency utilizing social media applications for outreach purposes is required. Applicants should be passionate, open-minded, patient, have a high level of creativity and have a commitment to and enthusiasm for working with the public. Bi-lingual [Spanish/English] preferred but not required. Work schedule includes mornings and afternoons, occasional weekends, and other flexible scheduling. Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
This is a part-time, position.
Work place is the Pride Center of Staten Island, 25 Victory Blvd. 3rd floor.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator reports to the Program Director.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Pride Center of Staten Island
25 Victory Blvd., 3rd floor
Staten Island, NY 10301